Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Can you Write a Book in a Month? Sure!


You may already know that this is National Novel Writing Month, which makes it perfect timing to announce my colleague's new book. Author Rochelle Melander just released Write-A-Thon: Write Your Book in 26 Days (And Live to Tell About It). Laying the foundation for fiction and nonfiction writers alike to write a book in less than a month (and survive), Write-A-Thon provides the blueprint to do it all in less than a month! Write-A-Thon contains three sections: Training, Write-A-Thon, and Recovery. 

Each section utilizes introductions, brief valuable essays filled with practical tools, and just enough encouragement for the writer to press on and finish what may very well be the challenge of their life (or simply the challenge of the month). Perfect for accomplished authors or those who simply write, Write-A-Thon provides the complete guidebook for brainstorming, writing, and finishing that book (preferably with all sanity intact)!

As a ghostwriter and author, I haven't written a book in a month (eight weeks is my record), but I'm sure I could if I used Rochelle's practical, inspiring strategies. I was happy to be asked to guest-post on Rochelle's blog tomorrow (on 5 ways to make the most of your writing time) and encourage you to check out her blog and new book.  

**And remember my Ghostwriting 101 class starts this week! Let me know if you have any questions about it and I hope to "see" you in class! :) Please pass on this info to freelancers who may be interested in the class. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, I could see writing a book in a month if you had your outline at the ready, but in Nov when there's a holiday smack in the middle, that sounds tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that book just last week at Barnes, and bought it---it has some amazing ideas/info in it!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete