Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do You Write Fiction Too? Five Tips for Fitting it In

While the lion's share of my work is nonfiction (mostly ghostwriting these days), I'm a novelist as well. And I'm not alone--there are a lot of freelancers out there who have a novel or short stories in the works. That's why I was happy to write a guest post for author Kelly Stone on how to fit fiction into your writing life. I've been enjoying her 90-day writing challenge (well, not enjoying it all the time, but I'm glad I'm doing it) and plan to finish my new novel soon.

**Next up, the 2012 Income Survey results! Stay tuned! :)

**And finally, readers, I'm curious--do you write both fiction and nonfiction? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your guest post! I especially like the advice to do it first thing and get it out of the way.

    I used to write a lot of fiction. Like, 8,000 words a day. Then stuff got in the way, and I can't seem to plunge back in.

    I do write nonfiction, though -- I'm a writer for the Daily Muse, which has been fun. I find that writing articles is a great activity for people with a zillion interests!

    Glad I found your blog -- I'll definitely be back.

    -- Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I agree it's harder to balance both fiction and nonfiction. Both have their payoffs, but i tend to push fiction to the bottom of the list because there's no guaranteed money from it. Still, I find it very satisfying when I make time for it! :)

    Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoy the blog! :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to find this blog. I write both fiction and non-fiction, but haven't been highly successful at selling myself. I would love to make money writing. I will definitely return to learn what I can.

    David Chilcote II

    ReplyDelete