- How the heck do I write a query, anyway? Here's a simple, effective template to follow.
- You can use a query to pitch a trade magazine too.
- Read about five ways to pump up your query.
- You still hate the idea of querying? Get on board with four reasons you should send them.
- Set your query apart with a secret weapon--a time peg.
- If you want to break into national magazines, try one of these eight ways.
- Should you interview a source before or after you query? Theanswer may surprise you.
- Before you hit send, take the ten-question query checklist.
- Okay, you sent the query. Good for you. Now what?
- Your query missed the mark? Here are 10 reasons why. Study up for next time.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Post Round-up, Redux: Everything you Need to Know about Queries
I get a lot of questions about query letters, which is one reason I host occasional Query Critiques. So it's appropriate that I repost a "post roundup" from last year about the ubiquitous query letter. Check out these ten posts for everything you need to know about query letters--including templates, how to make yours stand out, and what to do after you send one.